The ESNcard is a membership card issued by the non-profit Erasmus Student Network (ESN). ESN is a student network dedicated to supporting international students participating in mobility programs, such as the Erasmus program. The ESNcard is designed for students studying abroad and offers a range of benefits and discounts on various services and activities. ESNcard holders can access discounts on lodging, transportation, entertainment, culture, and other activities in many cities in Europe and other destinations around the world. In addition to the financial benefits, the card also provides international students with identification that can be useful in proving their student status abroad. The ESNcard is issued to students participating in mobility programs like the Erasmus program, but is also available to other international students who wish to join the ESN community. To obtain an ESNcard, you should go to the local ESN office in the city where you are on exchange.
ESNcard holders can access discounts on access to discounts on lodging, transportation transportation, entertainment, culture, and other other activities in many cities in Europe and Europe and other destinations around the world. the world. In addition to the financial economic benefits, the card also card also provides international students with international students an identification that can be can be useful in proving their status as a student abroad. student status abroad.
The ESNcard is issued to students participating in mobility participating in mobility programs, such as the Erasmus program, but is also but it is also available to other international international students who wish to join the ESN ESN community. To obtain an ESNcard, you should generally contact a local ESN contact a local ESN chapter in your city of your city of study or in the city where you are on exchange.
You can obtain it in person at the ESN Bilbao office by cash, card or online, which is available in Events. Please note that you need to fill out the ESNcard registration first in both cases.
If you are a student participating in a mobility program, getting your ESNcard will make you part of the ESNer community. We are a community formed by student associations that aim to offer you the best experience in your destination city. Most of us were students like you, so we understand your needs and experiences. To cater to these needs, we have a comprehensive partner network that is constantly expanding, making your life easier.
Here are some examples:
- Housing hunt: Are you looking to live in a residence? Don't worry, we offer discounts for some residences to simplify your search. We also provide discounts on hostels and hotels in case you arrive before securing accommodation.
- Rising travel costs: Want to explore the region? In ESN Bilbao, we organize trips from Bilbao and/or Donosti (and even from Vitoria). But if you prefer to travel independently, we still have discounts for you! With the ESNcard, you can even plan surprise visits to your friends!
- Life in Bilbao and Donosti: You've arrived, and there's so much to do! Whether it's surfing, visiting your favorite bars, or engaging in sports, we offer an array of free activities. Don't miss out on the list of our local partners!
Once you have obtained your ESNcard, follow these instructions:
- Register at ESNcard.org. Make sure to fill in your details correctly as they will be verified later by Ryanair, including your ESNcard number.
- Log in to myRyanair and register or sign in.
- Go to the "Erasmus" tab in your profile.
- Ensure that the data you enter matches the information you provided in your ESNcard account. Pay special attention to accents and spaces.
- You must wait until the data is validated; it is not an instantaneous process.
- Once validated in the "Erasmus" section of your profile, you will see a flight reservation area. This is where you need to book your flights for the discount to be applied.
A 10% discount on flights from the Ryanair.com website for 4 flights together with:
- Free checked baggage allowance on every flight booked.
- Exclusive offers for students who register at ESNcard.org.
Yes, but you have to book the flight 28 days before the flight takes place. You can book flights between September 1, 2023 and June 15, 2024. You need to have a valid and active ESNcard when you buy the flight and when you take the plane, otherwise you will have to pay the difference.
This offer is intended for users who have the ESNcard.
In your "myRyanair" profile there is a tab called "Erasmus". It is there where you must enter your data, including your ESNcard number.
Yes, this offer is valid in all countries and regions in which Ryanair operates.
No, it's not possible.
You will be asked for your ESNcard and ID at the airport.
If you still have any doubts, do not hesitate to come to our office or access this website for more information: Ryanair | ESNcard
The student card identifies you with your host university and has its advantages, but the ESNcard identifies you as part of the ESN AISBL community and normally offers more benefits.
If you are doing a mobility program other than Erasmus+ and you belong to the UPV you can also get your ESNcard.
For one year from the date of purchase.
Your first name, last name, date of birth university of destination, ESN section to which you belong, and date of ESNcard issuance.
You can find them through your section's webpage or on ESNcard.org.
You have to go to the ESN Bilbao or San Sebastián office and request a new one. You will be charged 5 euros for the new physical card.
The ESNcard covers your insurance for trips you take with ESN Bilbao.
It is only possible for you to renew your ESNcard if you are still a student enrolled in a mobility program or if you are a volunteer in any ESN section, in which case it would be repeating the same steps.